miércoles, 11 de mayo de 2016

The story of a picture

We had wet towels on the neck
to be able to breathe in the smoke.
Okay, I know, this isn’t my best photo, but it’s okay because the story behind it, is great!
The photo it was taken by my friend Pamela, and it shows me, my sister and girl that I met that week, in a mobile police checkpoint. It was taken on February 10th this year and I like it because on that day, we literally escaped from death.
We were in a christian national camp from GBU (University Biblical Group) in a nearby place from Temuco when it started some fires in the woods. I remember watching a small explosion of fire 100 meters from us, we had to run to escape.  Thank God some rescuers helped us taking us (26 girls in one pickup car) to the road, where 2 hours later, Carabineros went to get us and take us to a refuge.

It was a completely adventure and a really heavy day but as you can see in the picture, we were just happy and grateful to God! 

2 comentarios:

  1. Oh holly moly, that sounds very dangerous! I almost stay without a Barbara for this year D: At least you and your friends in the picture looked alive!

    ResponderEliminar
  2. At first I think that you going to talk about your friends but I took a surprise hahaha... Anyway, Carabineros arrived to the place very late!

    ResponderEliminar